Thursday, April 13, 2006

Art auction for a cause!

All of you out here in the L.A. area should head over to Cartoon Network in Burbank starting April 17, so you can view and bid on cool artwork by all your favorite cartoon pals (even me) in a special silent auction to benefit a very brave little friend of mine, Fyn Stec. Fyn is fighting liver cancer, and to help his parents with the medical costs, all of us are donating original artwork that will go on exhibit in the lobby of Cartoon Network Studios. On the evening of April 20, you might be the lucky one to take said artwork home after the silent auction! So head on out to Burbank and remember to bid BIG! It's for a good cause. Not in L.A.? You can still place a bid BEFORE the auction begins.

For more information (Dates, times, and an image gallery that will eventually show all 180+ pieces!), click on the picture of Fyn on the right, or check out the blog that's been started so friends and family can stay up to date on Fyn's condition here.

Here's my piece for the show:


(That's right, everyone's favorite...& it can be YOURS!)

UNRELATED TIME-WASTING LINK:
Go here to see a gross old picture of me by Dan Krall
that he was kind enough to post on his blog. (Bastard!)

10 comments:

Jeremiah Alcorn said...

Hey Chris... man that is awesome that you guys are doing this for such a great cause.. I'm not in the LA area, but if I was I'd be sure to drop by and check out the auction. I know it's gonna be awesome, and who wouldn't want this great piece of yours...great as always sir. Fyn will be in my prayers...

Cindy M said...

Chris--Your piece has been logged in....ready for proxy bidding on Monday! Thanks for linking to the website...

Chris Battle said...

Miah- You can still check out all the artwork starting Monday the 17th at the auction site. Thanks for the kind words, and more importantly, the prayers for Fyn.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Yay is for Jawa!!

tirui said...

i unfortunately just missed the auction tonight, but i love your piece. oh, and thank you for the compliments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

CHRIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS. This is Sandra Equihua!!!!!Im going to haunt you until you tell your wife that Im comissioning her for a necklace!!!!Oooooo. Scary! By the way...cute piece.

Chris Battle said...

Stalky, stalky!! She's on it, Sandra; I wish to avoid that pack of wild dogs you threatened me with...

I need to add you and Jorge to my links, by the way...

Anonymous said...

Link Away friend...link away.
I'll secure the dogs for the time being.

Unknown said...

He is soo CUTE!! HEY!! He would make COOL print on T-shirt too!!

Kt Shy said...

i agree with alina, i'd love to get this on a t-shirt!