Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Anime Adventures of BILLY & MANDY

I recently did some freelance for THE GRIM ADVENTURES OF BILLY & MANDY, where I had to design anime versions of Billy and Mandy, who normally look like this:


I'm mainly a cartoony guy, not an action guy, but I guess I faked it reasonably well:




You can expect alot of swish pan BGs in this sequence, where they're fighting ninjas or something.


The monkey is supposed to be like Chim-Chim from the old SPEED RACER cartoons.


...this is how Grim turned out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the monkey!

Chris Battle said...

Thanks, Chris. I've seen some of Bleedman's DEXTER'S LAB stuff... he's really good. Be sure to check out POWERPUFF GIRLS Z, an acual co-production between Cartoon Network and Toei Animation.(You can find lots of images and even footage all over the web) Us CNS folk didn't have anything to do with it, but most of us agree it looks pretty cool...

SteveLambe said...

Love the monkey and anime Grim, Chris! I'll definitely have to keep a lookout for this episode. Looks really fun.

Unknown said...

Hey Chris! Your stuff is so awesome! I'm glad you helped out on Billy & Mandy. I just started getting used to all this Blogness.
Anyways, did you get Mario Kart DS yet?

Jay D Smith said...

i like how the monkey has donkey kong teeth!!

great images!

Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

great work I like that show

burgerlog said...

can you make chim chim fling fecies?

Freshyfresh said...

I don´t like it when so many things are made in Manga/Anime. I like the original style more.The most Anime are stiff and cold, (classic) Cartoons are full of life and energy!

Anonymous said...

lots of creativity good show great art