Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Let's contribute to the economy, shall we?

The GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT DVD is now in stores! Since I'm a cartoony guy, I rarely get the chance to work on action-adventure stuff, but last year I got to have some fun doing designs for all the alien weaponry for DCU's latest animated film:



My guns about to contribute to some serious mayhem.




My contribution is small, but the real draw here is the amazing work of artists like Jose Lopez, LeSean Thomas, and director Lauren Montgomery. Go get it, and while you're at it, get last year's WONDER WOMAN, too; It kicks ass.

My pal Nina Paley's self-produced, multi-national-award-winning film SITA SINGS THE BLUES is finally available on DVD! While you can download the film for free, why not support indie animators like Nina and get a real, tangible record of her solo animated film? Go to Amazon.com and BUY IT!!

... and CORALINE is out on DVD & Blu-Ray, too! A bunch of my pals worked on this, and the results are spectacular. It even comes with a buncha 3D glasses! Buy this one, too.

I'm hard at work on my first ever papercraft art piece for a group show next month, so I should be able to give you all a sneak peek by the end of this month!

14 comments:

Draw Monkey said...

COOL! I'm really excited to see Green Lantern. Congrats on contributing to it.

Jon McNally said...

I've been looking forward to the GL flick, too. I'll be closely watching any scenes with gunplay. ;)

pakoto said...

buuuuaff, great work.. the guns are amazing!!

Josh Taback said...

Great designs Chris. Did you use any software, or did you do it the old fashioned way?

Chris Battle said...

Just pen & ink and some rulers & french curves!

spacesick said...

Nice! I can't wait to see that papercraft too. That whole world interests me, but for some reason I've never gotten around to trying to design one. I blame society.

Andrew Murray said...

your contribution may seem small but its all part of the big picture.

Cant wait to see GL when I get home!

Unknown said...

Those weapons are the most important part of the show! You made me arm up all my nerf guns.

Ryan Green said...

Great recommendations! I'm sold!

Kyle Neswald said...

Hey dude. Post a link to the papercraft show for my ease of viewing! I wanna see ALL your stuff! And post more often! I have spoken.

Chris Battle said...

Mitch- Stupid society! Your eventual violent public meltdown will be completely justified.

Serapio- Normally I'd say Nerf guns are no match for GL, but those darts are yellow...

Kyle- The flyer just became available! Check it out HERE.

Mukpuddy said...

Those guns are sweet dude!! Will check out the film for sure!

Adam Ford said...

You are my hero! Love all of your work!

Jimbo said...

I haven't seen Coraline yet, is it a must? Thanks for the yo on my blog,. Chris Your shit's looking good too.