Monday, October 30, 2006

Super Muerto Brothers!

Here's two pieces I did for a special Dia de Los Muertos art show featuring works by the EL TIGRE crew. Dia de Los Muertos is the Mexican Day of the Dead celebration, and perhaps the most recognizable image of this holiday is the calaca. Borrowing a page (or maybe a whole chapter) from Pringle, I came up with these guys:



If I can manage to find a local printer in time (I moved last year and don't know where to find jack shit in my new environs), they'll be hanging in the lobby at Nickelodeon in Burbank for Halloween, that other Gringo holiday.

*HOT NEW UPDATE! Thanks to an assist from everybody's pal Lambey, the Brothers Muerto will be on display! Come on down for margaritas, kids!

.............................................

EL TIGRE Sneak Peek now online!

Check out the freshly leaked preview for Jorge Gutierrez & Sandra Equiha's EL TIGRE! I've been doing some work on the series for a few months now, and while I had nothing to do with this promo, you should definitely take a peek at what's gonna be one of the best new cartoons for '07!


.............................................

PS: Many thanks to my NY cartoon pals Diane, Nina, and "Mister" Tom for finding time to hang out while I was in yer fine city!

18 comments:

Chris George said...

Chris, I must say, I love these Super Muerto Bros designs! They're friggin rad and I wanna see more!

Also, I've seen the El Tigre pilot and I thought it was very charming and fun. I can't wait to see what's in store for us once the show airs in 2007.

Dee said...

yey! Great stuff Chris! See you at the show! ;)

Jo Bling said...

:-D Class! Very funny sir, tickling the funnybone indeed.

Heath said...

Haha! Nice designs on the Super Muerto Bros! Very clever idea.

Anonymous said...

fun drawings!

Dave Dick said...

These are really awesome! Great designs!

Señor Chips said...

very awesome! when is this art show you speak of? can't wait to see the rest of the pieces!

Chris Battle said...

As far as I know, it's Thursday at 5:00. (According to Lambey, as he's more in-the-know than I...)

PotatoFarmGirl said...

AWESOME POSSUM!! The show looks SWEET, as do your Mario designs! Sorry I missed the gallery show, but I get to enjoy the virtual one, so it's all good in the hood. Yay Rhyming!

Todd Harris said...

love the designs, your stuff is great as always.

M said...

Undead mario awesome! And El tigre looks really good can't wait.

craig said...

so much goodness. The trailer for El Tigre looks great too! Nice work sir!

barbarella said...

they will look awesome in a t-shirt!

Mukpuddy said...

Dude the mario pics are frickin rad!!!

Unknown said...

It was great to see ya Chris...
and I got to see Eiko today too -
The show was great, Margaritas and little hats always make me a nicer person.
:)mm

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

HE ! HE!! LOve the design too!! WICKED COOL!!

Martin Hsu said...

good show! Really liked your pieces!