Monday, October 09, 2006

MELTDOWN!


Tired of looking at the same old post for the past few weeks? So am I. My computer, on the other hand, couldn't care less. Why else would the hard drive fail? That's right-- right in the middle of freelance, my trusty lil' G4 made a nice, whiny pop and shut down for good. A trip to the Apple Store confirmed the worst: my lil' buddy's HD was a goner. While replacing a hard drive is easy, restoring your system from your back-up HD is another thing entirely. Things aren't going smoothly, so don't expect any pretty new artwork for a few more days.

.............................................

YOU MUST GO TO THIS ART SHOW!


Check it out: This weekend, it's time for another cool show by cartoon superstars Chris Reccardi and Lynne Naylor at M MODERN GALLERY in Palm Springs. It all goes down Saturday October 14, from 7:00-10:00 pm, so make the drive out to the desert to see some of the coolest art ever!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sucks.

sorry to hear that.
-brian

Dee said...

Sorry about your computer =( It's gone with the ghost...hope it works out and it gets a second life!


oh, and that show looks awesome!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Boo! I say Boo! Bad computer!

Jay D Smith said...

bummer!

roque said...

I think our computers were in cahoots because my hard drive bit it a couple of weeks ago too. But the only thing worse than losing a drive is having to pay a million dollars to recover data.

:(

Backup people...

Chris Battle said...

You said it, Roque! My external back-up drive just saved my life!

(Posted from the Apple Store.... where they've just finished fixing me up!)

Unknown said...

aww sorry man! I hear ya... my sisters computer just decided to die as well,so sad- external drives do rock though- geeeesss..wish they made those for humans brains...
:)mm

Unknown said...

Oh nooo, sorry about your computer. That's suck!! May be it's time to get the Mac Pro! :) Poor G4 ... at least it's an Apple, a PC wouldn't last for as many years as the Mac. :P Good that you have back up! :)

Chris Battle said...

Thanks for the sympathy, my friends, but thankfully all is back to normal. $89 got me a newer, bigger hard drive, and I'm back in business! Only tricky part was restoring my system, which the good folks at the Apple Store "Genius Bar" were able to show me how to do. They ARE geniuses-- and it's free!

I'll post some more stuff real soon-like!

MARILLA said...

I.I ..I am really sorry.....
GANBARE!!!
I will send you tshirt...sorry for late..give me your address please''(~_~)''

SteveLambe said...

Computer eating a retard samich...bad.
Reccardi/Naylor show in the desert..good!

Lemme know if you guys are going, cause I wana head out to. We could carpool and junk :)

Miles Thompson said...

damn - when it rains it pours - i always consider that kind of shit an excuse to go out and get a new machine - anything for a new computer - if only to smell it

Jo Bling said...

Those guys rock. Sadly, though I've been invited, I'm stuck here in the UK. Schnarf!